Mykonos…known for its crystal clear water, immaculate white architecture, and its vivacious nightlife – its no wonder why its one of the most popular Greek islands to visit. Despite having a long-standing reputation for being the party capital of the Cyclades, Mykonos does have its moments and areas of pure serenity.
Positioned marvelously on its own private peninsula with spectacular views of the Aegean Sea lies Hotel Petasos Beach Resort and Spa. If you’re looking to stay at a place that embodies privacy, serenity, and charisma than look no further!
When you first arrive at the resort you are presented with a bright, spacious, and airy lobby infused with white minimalist decor. You can call me weird all you want but I found their two armchairs carved out of a face mask so cool and artistically done. Check-in was a breeze and I was immediately guided to my charming coastal room.
The resort has a total of 140 guestrooms over 2 floors that have a unique vibe depending on your taste and budget. I settled on a classic room that had its own private balcony overlooking the beautiful Aegean Sea. My room had a very coastal and charming aesthetic to it. I really loved how light, airy, and blissful the atmosphere was. It definitely brought a sense of tranquility in the air. In-room amenities include a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, minibar, air conditioning, pillowtop beds, and a partially open bathroom.
The property is loaded with tons of things to do. There are 2 restaurants, a full-service spa, a 2 level outdoor pool with waterfall, jacuzzi, fitness center, and its very own private beach.
The VIP restaurant overlooks the beautiful Aegean Sea and serves Greek and International cuisine for breakfast and dinner. Guests can choose to dine inside or on the open-air veranda. I had amazing breakfast here every morning – they had tons of varied choices: cereals, egg dishes, yogurts, waffles, pancakes, coffee, teas, and the freshest fruits. The servers were also very friendly. It’s such an invigorating way to wake up and plan the day.
This pool bar/restaurant offers great choices for lunch and afternoon snacks, refreshing juices, international cocktails, and daiquiris that are enjoyable under the hot sun.
Aqua Marine Spa
This spa center was created by professional therapists, services include a variety of 60 World Class Treatments including sections for men and women as well as honeymoon packages that will help you replenish your physical and emotional well-being.
Things to know
- Free full breakfast is served each morning from 7:30 AM to 11:00 AM at the VIP restaurant.
- There’s a public bus-stop (half-hourly departures to town).
- The resort Platis Gialos Beach and a short stroll from other popular sights like Psarou Beach.
- The resort is located between two popular beaches that you can easily walk to – Psarou beach & Platis Yialos beach.
- Platis Yialos beach has a small port next to the beach where small taxi boats leave regularly to the nearby beaches such as Paraga, Paradise, Super Paradise, Agrari and Elia. The sauna and steam rooms located in their spa wing is free for all guests.
- Their private beach area has complimentary sun chairs & parasols.
- Laptop with printer and a small library for guests’ use.
- You can take advantage of free parking, along with an airport shuttle (available 24 hours) for EUR 22 per person roundtrip.
Address | Platis Yialos, Mykonos 84600, Greece
What’s nearby | Platis Gialos Beach, Psarou Beach, Paranga Beach
Number of Guest Rooms | 140 Guestrooms
Restaurants & Bars | 2 Restaurant & 2 Bars
Swimming Pools | 1 Outdoor pool
Services & Amenities | Room Service, Concierge, 24-Hour Reception, Airport Transportation, Air Conditioner, Fitness Center, Spa, Meeting rooms, Business center, Laundry, Dry cleaning service, Luggage Storage, Daily housekeeping, Wedding service, Tour/ticket assistance, Porter/bellhop, Upon Request: Baby Sitting
Parking | Free self-parking
Accessibility | Not really – no lifts, only stairs linking the many hillside levels and narrow room doors.
Internet | WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Pets | Not Allowed
General | Smoke-free, Soundproof rooms, Safe, Jewelry Shop (on-site), Rooftop terrace, Pool sun loungers, Beach loungers, Beach towels, Garden