Scenic hiking trails, majestic green mountains, maple syrup, brilliant fall foliage, ski slopes, and Ben and Jerry’s ice cream are a few things that come to mind when I think of Vermont. I’ve had my heart set on visiting Vermont for the longest, especially during the autumn season. I finally took the plunge and set my journey to the charming mountain town of Stowe, which is best known as a ski and resort destination that is bursting with cultural and outdoor activities, all of which can be enjoyed during the four seasons. The extensive and breathtaking drive up to Vermont from NY during the peak fall foliage season was so majestic! Watching all the colors unfold before me was truly a hypnotizing experience.
The Topnotch Resort is where I stayed for the weekend during my cozy autumn getaway. Set against the magnificent backdrop of New England’s Green Mountains and tucked into a beautiful wooded glade at the foothills of Mount Mansfield, Topnotch embodies the true essence of mountain spirit and is the ideal basecamp to experience some of Stowe’s thrilling adventures. From the moment you arrive, you feel at home. The floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the mountains, freestanding fireplace, and stone walls really evoke a rustic charm to the place. My room leaned on the smaller side but I appreciated the cozy vibe, modern furnishings, and comfortable bed.
- Air conditioning (climate-controlled)
- Pillow-top mattress
- 42-inch flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- iPod dock
- Premium channels
- Coffee/tea maker
- Connecting rooms available
- Free newspapers (weekdays)
- Iron/ironing board
- Designer toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
On-site at the Topnotch Resort, guests can enjoy a full roster of leisure activities from cross-country skiing and scenic hiking trails, to horseback riding and cycle paths, there is something for everyone! Culinary offerings are available at the two on-site dining venues, Flannel and The Roost. You can also enjoy access to indoor and outdoor swimming pools, a full-service spa – offering a variety of massages and facial treatments, a co-ed sauna, and an indoor hot tub with a waterfall. You’ll also find a fully equipped gym to keep your workout routine in check.
This chic and airy patio-style restaurant with majestic mountain views specializes in American cuisine (created with fresh, local ingredients) and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can order signature cocktails and Vermont beer on tap at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). There 65 seats inside and another 75 on an expansive terrace adjacent to a swimming pool and fire pit. The inviting open-kitchen, mahogany-framed sliding glass doors, high ceilings, and wooden details really make this place a total standout among the rest of the eateries in the area. I came in for breakfast and definitely recommend you give yourself the opportunity to indulge in the light and fluffy pancakes topped with butter and maple syrup (so delicious!) – you’ll burn it off in no time with all the activities going on at this resort lol.
This lobby bar and restaurant is much more casual compared to Flannel, also specializing in American cuisine (created with fresh, local ingredients), guests can enjoy breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The bar serves local beer and wine. The whole layout of the area is so warm and cozy. I really loved the use of table games in the dining area, the huge windows overlooking the mountain, and the sofa seating arrangement near the crackling firepit. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). I highly recommend you give the French Onion Soup and Cheddar Burger a try. The live music and live DJ was the cherry on top of the experience!
Things to know
- There are 68 guestrooms arranged over 3 floors and 22 townhomes, all featuring country-chic decor with a contemporary twist.
- If you want views of the mountain and want a sense of peace and quiet try to book a room on the 3rd floor.
- The ground floors are very pet friendly.
- The hotel serves a daily tea and fresh-baked cookies from 4PM – 5PM at the lobby near the fireplace.
- The resort’s top-rated Tennis Academy offers more than 30 programs for all ages and levels of play, including a full lineup of lessons, clinics, private instruction, and more, led by experienced staff.
- The equestrian center located on the grounds of the resort offers trail rides.
- Mountain Ops Outdoor Gear, located on the property, will clean, disinfect and deliver any rental equipment guests may need during their stay, from fishing poles and bait to mountain bikes and helmets.
- The Game Room (open till 10PM), features Ping-pong and video game consoles such as PlayStation, Xbox, and Wii – it’s a great area for teens to socialize.
- The resort offers a free shuttle that will take you directly to the slopes and into town.
- Yoga, Pilates, and fitness classes are offered all day in the spa area.
- Full breakfast available for a fee daily 7 AM–11 AM: USD 12-19 per person.
Address | 4000 Mountain Rd, Stowe, VT 05672
What’s nearby | Attractions: Cold Hollow Cider Mill, Ben & Jerry’s Factory, Echo Center, Vermont’s Teddy Bear Factory, Rock of Ages Granite Quarries. Restaurant/Cafe:
Number of Guest Rooms | 68 Guestrooms and suites, 22 Resort Homes
Restaurants & Bars | 2 Restaurants & 2 Bars
Swimming Pools | 1 Outdoor Pool & 1 Indoor Pool
Services & Amenities | Room Service, Concierge, 24-Hour Reception, Airport shuttle, Air Conditioner, Spa, Laundry, Dry cleaning service, Luggage Storage, Daily housekeeping, Wedding service, Tour/ticket assistance, Porter/bellhop, Poolside lounge chairs, Beach towel, Turndown, Wedding arrangements, Fitness center, Meeting rooms, Business center, ATM (on-site), Shops (on-site), Babysitting/Child Services, Hair/Beauty Salon,
Parking | Free private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed). Valet parking also available.
Accessibility | Wheelchair accessible, Toilet with grab rails, Raised toilet, Lowered sink.
Internet | WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Pets | Pets are allowed (dogs only). Charges may apply.
General | Elevators, Smoke-free rooms, Soundproof rooms, Safe, Terrace, Garden, Ski storable / pass vendor/rental (on-site), Sun deck, Outdoor fireplace
For more information on booking your stay at Topnotch Resort, see here.
If any of you guys have any questions about this hotel, let me know! I would love to answer or help in any way. 😉
P.S. Check out my Instagram story highlight titled Hotels, to see most of what I talked about on video.